how to submit nominations
To submit a work for consideration, send an email to email@example.com with the following information:
- Name of work you are nominating
- Name of person you are nominating
- Award category for this nomination
- Name of company
- Name of production
- Name of venue
- Performance dates
- Name of Artistic Director and contact (if known)
- Your name and contact (email address and phone number)
Please send a link to your nominated work's youtube page to firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations in the technical categories should be prepared to submit still photos and very clear video in the event they are named finalists in order for the jury to clearly view their work.
(If you are nominating the work of someone other than yourself, please try to provide contact information for the person or company you are nominating.)
- Submitter must be a current member of the Dance Resource Center. (Submitter may submit the work of non-members.)
- Performance must have taken place during calendar year 2010 - that is, nominees for the 2010 Horton Awards must have performed the nominated work between January 1 and December 31, 2010.
- Nominated artists must be residents of the greater Los Angeles area.
- Dance education based productions/performances are ineligible. However, a dance that originated in an educational setting but was subsequently performed in a professionally produced concert is eligible.